Mattress Care Guidelines
A good bed merits care, and would offer the following advice to ensure greater comfort for you, and a longer life for your bed.
Do please turn your mattress over, side to side, and head to foot, alternately; ideally once a week for the three months, and then once a month. Turning a mattress is a job for two people.
Do please let the mattress have a good airing on a regular weekly basis, simply leave the bed turned back for a few hours.
Do please brush the surface of the mattress with a soft brush, to keep it clear of dust, dirt & fluff. Do not vacuum as this may damage the fillings.
Do please consider using a good quality mattress protector under your bed linen.
Please remember not to fold or roll the mattress, even for short period of time. All interior spring mattresses should be kept at at all times. Adjustable mattresses should be kept at when not in use.
Please do not put anything such as plastic sheeting or a plastic bag between the mattress and the base, doing so will only cause damage through trapped condensation – beds, like human beings, need to breathe.
Please remember not to sit regularly right on the edge of the bed; this will place undue strain on the edge spring and could also damage the sides.
Please do not stand on the bed, or allow children to treat the bed as a trampoline. Please do not stand on either the mattress or base.
Please do not use your new mattress on an inferior or imperfect base. A mismatch will result in premature ageing of the mattress, and you may invalidate the warranty cover.
Mattress Warranty Coverage
The warranty covers the following items during normal wear:
- Coils or wires that are loose or broken
- Coils or wires that protrude or rip through the fabric
- Body Indentation of 2″ or greater.
- This Warranty only covers manufacturing defects in a mattress or foundation when the set is subject to proper handling and normal use in conjunction with a bed frame that provides solid support. To provide adequate support, a Queen or King frame must have at least 10 wooden horizontal slats, equally spaced out.
Your mattress warranty does not cover:
- Border wires that are bend during delivery or moving of the mattress
- Comfort preference
- Physical abuse or damage to the structure and/or cover material, including burns, cuts, tears, liquid damage, or stains.
- Mattress damage due to an inappropriate box spring. A mattress is designed for full performance when used in conjunction with an appropriate box spring as part of a total sleep set.
- Body impressions less than 2”
- Floor models sold at a discount
YOUR WARRANTY WILL BE VOID IF any of THE FOLLOWING IS FOUND:
- The mattress is in unhygienic condition (ANY visible stains, soiled, or burned.)
- Damage due to any sort of abuse.
- Damage due to improper support of a box spring or bed frame
- Body indentation is a normal occurrence in a mattress: it is an indication that the layers of upholstery are conforming to your body’s individual contours.
- If you feel your mattress is starting to indent, we suggest rotating your mattress every 30-90 days to prevent future sagging. (Please see mattress care page)